Norton Online Backup 25GB
"Bottom line, Norton Online Backup is a perfectly viable data retention solution."
Protect your PC or Mac data with automatic backups to your own 25GB online storage space
→ Back up data for up to 5 computers (PC/Mac)
→ 1 year of service
→ 60-day money back guarantee!
Automatically backs up individual files, folders or entire hard drives
Compresses files for faster backups and to save online storage
Protects your files with government-grade encryption
Access your backed up data from anywhere with an Internet connection
Manage backups for up to 5 computers (PC or Mac) with a single account
You know you have important files on your computer and you have been thinking about backing them up for a while now. Maybe they are precious digital family pictures or key financial documents; you just don't have the time or knowledge to do a thorough and secure backup. Or maybe you simply don't have the required hardware such as a big enough internal or external hard drive. With Norton Online Backup 25GB you can forget about all of this: Symantec's latest online backup solution is a breeze to set up and fully automatic once installed. Now you can use your computer to its full potential and let Norton Online Backup 25GB safeguard your data in a secure and efficient manner!
Click on the links below to jump to the content you are interested in:
→ What you need to know about Norton Online Backup 25GB
→ What can Norton Online Backup 25GB do for me?
→ What are other important features of Norton Online Backup 25GB?
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF AN ONLINE BACKUP SOLUTION?
Back to Top
If you are using a computer, you are familiar with the notion of data backups. Some of the files that reside on your hard drive might be critical to your work, or just precious to you in some way. These files need to be backed up regularly so that you can recover them if something were to happen to them. But what could happen, exactly?
- Your computer or hard drive(s) could experience a complete failure, making your data inaccessible. In the worst case your files could become corrupt, making them essentially useless. Or they could still be usable but you would need to pay for recovery services to get them back, and that's not always cheap.
- Your computer could become infected by a virus. Some viruses have nasty behaviors, one of them being wiping out entire hard drives. This would of course be the end for all of your data. A hacker could also take over your PC and either delete your files or worst, steal them and use them to their benefit. For instance, social security documents, bank account or credit card statements could be stolen to use your identity in order to commit fraud on the Internet, or simply take your money.
- There's always the risk of an honest mistake: unknowingly, you delete files that are critical to you. Not everyone knows how to recover files that have been erased on a Windows-based computer. And not everybody has the time to fix such a problem.
The goal of an online backup solution is to extract the data you consider important from your computer and back it up to your own online storage space, instead of somewhere else on your computer or even on an external hard drive . Here's why this is a great concept:
- Typically the solution is automated: you tell it what files to back up and as you change them they are backed up with complete transparency to you, without affecting your computer's performance. You can play, watch movies and work without being bothered by lengthy, resource-intensive backups.
- Your files are backed up in a secure manner to several different online servers for redundancy purposes. While they are stored there, they are encrypted to keep them safe. Such servers are much less vulnerable to hackers or viruses because of the level of protection they have. Keeping your files on your computer or an external hard drive still exposes them to the risk of being wiped out by a virus or stolen by a hacker. And if you own a laptop, you could lose it. How would you get your data back?
- Because your files are stored online, you can access them from anywhere as long as you are connected to the Internet. That means that at any time, you can access work files from your hotel room and family pictures while visiting relatives, for instance.
Starting to grasp the concept of online backup? Read on for more information specific to Symantec's solution, Norton Online Backup 25GB!
Don't wait for a hard drive failure to wipe out your data or for a hacker to steal it. Start backing up your important files today, easily, conveniently and securely and access them from anywhere. Buy Norton Online Backup 25GB now and get peace of mind!
WHAT CAN NORTON ONLINE BACKUP 25GB DO FOR ME?
Back to Top
So why buy Norton Online Backup 25GB? Because the solution is all about giving you the power to backup your data automatically and securely, then conveniently access it from anywhere
- Setup is very easy: you just tell Norton Online Backup 25GB what to backup and when. You can go as granular as specific files or specify folders or entire hard drives. That's it: your files will now be backed up automatically.
- Your files are securely sent to online servers, where they are protected with government-grade encryption. From now on you don't need to worry about hackers stealing important documents or losing precious family photos because of a hard drive failure.
- Only changes compared to previous backups are sent to the servers (backups are 'incremental') and whatever is sent is first compressed: this means backups are as quick as can be.
- Backing up your data is useful but how do you access it? It's easy. With Norton Online Backup 25GB you have access to your data 24/7 with any PC connected to the Internet. Whether you are traveling or at home, you can retrieve your files quick and securely to view or edit them.
- With your subscription to Norton Online Backup 25GB, you can back up data from up to 5 computers using a single account via a user-friendly, web-based interface. This adds convenience for households that have multiple computers connected to the same network. Now, everyone can safely back up their data without having to first store it on the same computer.
- Because all of the online servers are owned, operated and maintained by Symantec you don't need to worry about buying external drives to back up your data or fixing your backup drives if they fail. Once your files are on Symantec's secure servers, rest assured that they will be managed by the trusted leader in online file protection.
WHAT ARE OTHER IMPORTANT FEATURES OF NORTON ONLINE BACKUP 25GB?
Back to Top
Some other important features of Norton Online Backup 25GB are:
- Support for Mac: Mac OS X is now supported (version 10.5 or later). If your household has a mix of PCs and Mac computers, you can back up data for up to 5 of them easily.
- Backup set keyword search: you can search your backup sets by keyword, which allows you to quickly find the files you want to restore.
- Easier file sharing: you can now email files that you have backed up; your recipient(s) will receive a link to a simple page from which they will be able to download your files. You can even password-protect these files and have complete control on how long they are available for download.
- 90-day file versioning: with this feature you can see previous versions of backed-up files for up to 90 days. This is very convenient; for instance if you've made changes to a particular file but don't want them anymore, you can just revert to the previous version.
- Sets up in minutes and runs automatically
- Stores files in multiple, secure data center locations for added protection
- Compresses your files for faster backups and to save storage space
- Secures your data with government-grade encryption and professionally-managed offsite file security
- Lets you access and restore files from any Web-enabled PC or Mac
- Allows you to conveniently manage backup sets for up to 5 computers (PC or Mac) through a secure web portal
- Search your backup sets by keyword to quickly find the files you want to restore
- Easily email files you have backed up to family members, friends or co-workers
- See previous versions of your files for up to 90 days
- Save money: no need to buy separate hardware and maintain it!
- Support for Windows and Mac OS X (10.5 and later)
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit only) with Service Pack 2 and later Home/Professional/Media Center
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) with all service packs Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate
- Microsoft® Windows 7® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopart) and later, Intel-based only
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 6.0 and higher
- Mozilla Firefox® 2.0 and higher
- Safari® 3.0 and higher