Norton Mobile Security Latest release!
"What happens when anyone can develop and publish an application to the Android™ Market? A 472% increase in Android™ malware samples since July 2011."
- Juniper Networks Global Threat Center
Blocks unwanted calls and text messages
Allows you to lock your device or wipe your data remotely in case of loss or theft
Detects and removes mobile threats before they cause damage
Blocks phishing websites; scans all apps and their updates for threats
Downloads and installs very quickly, won't slow down your device
Finally, you can protect your iOS or Android™ smartphones and tablets with Norton. And for good reason: according to a recent Juniper Networks study, the Android™ operating system saw a 472% rise in malware samples since July 2011. This study and other similar ones prompted some industry leaders to call it the “most attacked mobile operating system,” largely in front of next most popular malware target, Symbian.
Norton Mobile Security's protection remedies this problem and revolves around three main areas:
Privacy and sensitive information protection
- Norton Mobile Security protects your privacy by allowing you to block unwanted phone calls and text messages.
- It also guards your identity and sensitive information by detecting phishing websites and prevents you from revealing such information on these sites; your passwords, credit card numbers, social security number and other important data is safe.
Device protection in case of loss or theft
- Norton Mobile Security allows you to see where your device is at all times.
- It happens: you know your device is nearby but can't find it. Set up a "scream alarm" with Norton Mobile Security and make it sound even if the device volume is in silent or vibrate mode.
- Norton Mobile Security can take snapshots of anyone in front of your device, using the front-facing camera (if available), to help you identify the culprit in case your device has been stolen.
- You can lock your device and even entirely wipe your data remotely so your most precious information can never be used should it fall into the wrong hands.
Mobile threat detection and removal
- Norton Mobile Security detects and removes mobile threats that hackers could use to steal your data, spam you via text messages or simply take control of your device.
- It scans all "apps" you download, looking for potential threats, and takes appropriate actions to get rid of them if any are found. Updates to these "apps" are also checked.
Norton Mobile Security is very quick to download and install. It is easy on system resources and will never slow down your device or interfere with your calls, emailing/texting actitivies, Web browsing and more.
Protect your iOS or Android™ device now: download Norton Mobile Security!
- "Scream" locator - lets you send a text to your missing phone that sets off a "scream" alarm, so you can find it fast even if the volume is set to silent or vibrate.
- Web-based Sneak Peek - snaps photos of anyone in front of your device then saves the images. (Webcam devices only.)
- Remote locate - shows you the location of your phone via Web or SMS, so you can find it if it's lost or stolen.
- Remote lock - lets you remotely lock your lost or stolen phone via Web or SMS to prevent strangers from seeing your private stuff or running up your mobile bill.
- Remote wipe - lets you remotely erase the stuff on your phone via SMS if it's lost or stolen, including any data on your phone's memory card.
- Web-based Lost Notice - displays a customizable message to anyone who finds your missing device, so you can make arrangements to get it back.
- Call and text blocker - lets you block calls and text messages from specific people or phone numbers.
- Buddy List - lets you identify certain trusted contacts (friends or family) who can send an unlock code to your phone.
- Antiphishing web protection - blocks fraudulent (phishing) websites. Protects your device and your stuff on mobile networks and Wi-Fi connections, without slowdowns or interruptions.
- Download threat protection - automatically scans all the apps and app updates you download to your mobile device for threats.
- Norton Community Watch - collects information volunteered by millions of Norton users to spot new threats faster, identify safe files and provide stronger, more efficient protection.
- SIM card lock - instantly locks your phone if its SIM card is removed, so thieves can't use it with a different SIM card.
- SD card scanning - gives you the option of having Norton Mobile Security automatically scan SD (Secure Digital) memory cards for threats when you plug them into your device.
- LiveUpdate™ with roaming state detection - checks for updates every week to help ensure you have the most up-to-date protection. Only updates when you're not roaming, to avoid unnecessary charges.
- Mobile threat protection - detects and removes mobile threats without affecting your mobile device's performance.
- Interactive tutorial - shows you how to set up and use remote security features, so you'll know what to do if your mobile device is lost or stolen.
Supported Operating Systems
- Android™ 2.2 or later
- iOS 4.3 or later
Browser Support for Web Protection
- 10 MB of storage
- Works with Android™ phones and tablets that have the Google™ Play app installed
- Works with iPad® or iPhone® (Remote Locate feature requires an active 3G or 4G data plan)