Norton Internet Security
"Norton Internet Security fine-tunes its already-excellent protection. In addition, a new interactive panel makes the suite a clearinghouse for information from Norton's web-based services. Norton remains our Editors' Choice for security suite."
Installation takes about 1 minute on the average system; installs for 3 PCs included!
Super-fast scan times: only 61 seconds for a typical Windows system hard drive
Protects you against viruses, worms, spyware, identity theft, phishing, spam and more
Minimal performance impact during gaming, movie playback, presentations and more
FREE support for every customer through email/chat/phone, 24/7
Note: this is the latest release of Norton Internet Security (product year 2014).
Do you spend a lot of time surfing, banking and shopping on the Internet? Emailing? Using Instant Messaging programs? If this is the case, you need security software to protect yourself against a growing number of online threats. Norton Internet Security is the perfect choice if you need additional protection layers not offered by Norton AntiVirus but don't necessarily want to pay more for the data backup and performance optimization features of Norton 360.
Click on the links below to jump to the content you are interested in:
→ What you need to know about Norton Internet Security
→ 5 reasons to own Norton Internet Security
→ Why buy Norton Internet Security over Norton AntiVirus?
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NORTON INTERNET SECURITY
Back to Top
- Norton Internet Security, just like Norton AntiVirus, was engineered around the Intelligent Threat Protection concept:
- Its core technology, the Norton Protection System, uses multiple layers of security that work together to proactively block attacks and remove threats - something that traditional virus detection methods cannot achieve.
- In addition, all downloads, files and applications are checked before you can use them on your computer.
- Security holes in your operating system and browser are guarded so no infections can get to you that way.
- Your emails and Instant Messages are always scanned to detect potential threats.
- Norton Internet Security also has numerous security features not found with Norton AntiVirus:
- A powerful 2-way firewall safeguards your computer against hackers at all times
- An industry-leading anti-phishing technology prevents you from visiting fraudulent websites.
- A new professional-strength antispam filter blocks unwanted emails.
- Norton Identify Safe fills in usernames, passwords and other form information automatically to prevent keylogger programs to steal your personal data.
- Norton Safe Web identifies unsafe websites in search results when you are looking for something in search engines.
- Parental Controls allow you to see what you kids do online and prevent them from visiting unsafe websites.
- Norton Internet Security has top-notch performance:
- Fast and light on system resources, it uses Norton Insight to scan only files that are at risk. This means fewer scans and therefore better PC performance.
- Its Smart Scheduler feature initiates scans only when your PC is idleso you are never bothered while running intensive tasks.
- Silent Mode is engaged automatically when playing games or watching movies so that alerts, updates and scans are delayed until you are done.
- For laptops, Power Saver Settings delay power-hungry activities until your computer is plugged in.
- Norton Internet Security protects you against today's "rapid-fire" attacks, for which "signatures" don't yet exist.
- This is done with Norton Insight Network, which uses Symantec's global security network to extract information about the very latest threats and prevent them from getting to your computer.
- Also, the SONAR 4 technology uses online intelligence and proactive monitoring to detect and block new threats.
- Finally, Norton Pulse Updates allow frequent, small updates of Norton Internet Security's threat database, meaning it is as current as can be in terms of latest threat detection.
- Norton Internet Security gives you gives you information about what it is doing on your computer:
- Thanks to Norton Threat Insight, you can see if threats were detected on your system, what actions they attempted to perform and how they were removed by Norton Internet Security.
- Norton Download Insight warns you of dangerous downloads you are about to make.
- Norton File Insight shows you information about applications you are trying to install, whether or not they are trusted and if they will impact your computer's speed more than you'd like.
- Norton Internet Security helps you keep your PC running at top speed:
- Thanks to Norton System Insight , you can see if threats were detected on your system, what actions they attempted to perform and how they were removed by Norton Internet Security.
- There is a new automatic and on-demand application optimization feature which helps speeding up the applications running on your computer.
- In addition, it provides you with resource usage graphs which help you pinpoint resource-heavy processes even more accurately.
5 REASONS TO OWN NORTON INTERNET SECURITY
Back to Top
- You are protected against all imaginable online threats, including viruses, spyware, phishing and hackers. More protection for the same price equates to less headaches to try and make different pieces of software work together.
- Get peace of mind: after an installation that typically lasts less than a minute, your PC is protected for one year against most online threats for just over $5 a month. Product updates are automatic, frequent and small in size so as to not slow down your computer during their download and installation.
- Performance is unmatched by the competition, as measured by independent third-party test lab PassMark Software: Norton Internet Security is extremely light on system resources, using just over 10 MB of working memory. It also has the fastest scans in the industry: only 61 seconds on a Hard Disk Drive and 31 seconds on a Solid State Drive.
- BONUS: you can install Norton Internet Security on up to 3 PCs so your entire household is protected!
- 24/7 technical support is always FREE and accessible directly from the user interface. You can choose between email, phone or even chat.
WHY BUY NORTON INTERNET SECURITY OVER NORTON ANTIVIRUS?
Back to Top
Norton AntiVirus has multiple security layers to keep your computer safe at all times. However, Norton Internet Security adds even more important features to protect you:
- First, Norton Internet Security has all the security features of Norton AntiVirus.
- Second, it adds a powerful, intelligent two-way firewall for protection against hackers and make sure your personal data doesn’t leave your computer without your consent.
- It also has strong identity protection features:
Blocks phishing websites and authenticates trusted sites (shopping, banking, etc.)
Protects you against keyloggers thanks to automatic login and form-filling with the Identity Safe feature
Identifies unsafe websites right in your search results so you don't go to them
- A smart anti-Spam filter blocks out unwanted, dangerous and fraudulent emails
- Finally, its network protection features help you secure and monitor your home network and safeguard your computer when connecting to public wireless hot spots
If you spend a lot of time online, reading emails, downloading files, shopping and banking, you need a comprehensive security package that will protect you against a variety of threats without impacting the performance of your PC. Look no further and download Norton Internet Security now!
Email, chat and surf the web without worry
- Norton Reputation Service instantly checks where files came from and how long they’ve been around to identify and stop new crimeware faster than other, less sophisticated security software.
- Norton Protection System uses several overlapping layers of protection that work together to stop viruses, spyware and other online attacks.
- Norton Download Insight warns you if a downloaded file or application is dangerous before you install or run it on your PC.
- Norton File Insight gives you detailed information about the files found on your PC including where the file came from (the website URL) and if it can be trusted.
- Norton Pulse Updates run in the background and provide mini updates every 5 to 15 minutes — more frequently than the nearest competitor — for the latest protection against online threats.
- SONAR 4 Behavioral Protection monitors your PC for suspicious behavior to quickly detect new online threats.
- Email and instant message monitoring scans emails and IMs for suspicious links and potentially dangerous attachments.
- Smart two-way firewall prevents hackers from accessing your PC and stealing your personal information.
- Network mapping and monitoring shows you all the devices connected to your home network so you can easily spot uninvited guests using your wireless Internet connection and/or eavesdropping on you when you go online.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets you back up and running even if your PC has become so infected that it won’t even start up.
- Vulnerability protection prevents cybercriminals from using security holes in applications to sneak viruses or spyware on to your PC.
- Professional-strength spam blocking keeps your mailbox free of unwanted, dangerous and fraudulent emails.
- Bot detection finds and blocks the automated programs cybercriminals use to take control of your PC to access your private information and send out spam to launch attacks on other PCs.
- Worm protection safeguards your PC against fast-spreading Internet worms and prevents you from accidentally passing them on to others.
- Rootkit detection finds and removes deeply buried crimeware that can hide other types of threats and allow cybercriminals to take control of your PC.
Shop, bank and visit social networks with confidence
- Norton Safe Web warns you of unsafe and scam websites right in your search results and automatically blocks them.*
- Anti-phishing technology blocks fraudulent websites created by cybercriminals to steal your identity and your money.
- Norton Identity Safe lets you log in to sites with one click and automatically fills in web forms to prevent cybercriminals from stealing your information as you type.
- Norton Safe Web (Social Media Scanner) protects you and your Facebook® friends from dangerous websites, cybercriminals and other online threats.
- Norton Identity Safe On-the-Go lets you maintain your most recent log-ins and passwords on a USB device so you can access them on any Norton Internet Security 2010, Norton Internet Security 2011, Norton Internet Security 2012, Norton 360 Version 5.0 or Norton 360 Version 6.0 protected PC with a USB drive.
Stay protected without sacrificing performance
- Proactive performance alerts tell you when an application is slowing down your PC, so you can make changes to improve performance.
- Norton Insight identifies and scans only files at risk for fewer, shorter scans and the fastest scan speeds in the industry.
- Norton System Insight shows you how files and applications affect system performance to help you keep your PC performing its best.
- Silent mode puts alerts and non-critical updates on hold when you’re watching movies or playing games in full-screen on your PC.
- Smart scheduler runs scans and updates only when you’re not using your PC.
Get the most out of your protection with easy-to-use features
- Parental control management lets you keep a watchful eye on your kids’ online activities so you can keep them safe from online dangers.
- Free 24 x 7 Support lets you get help and answers by phone, email, live chat, or online whenever you need it.
- Norton Control Center organizes program controls and settings, and gives you one-click access to web-based Norton services on one easy-to-read screen.
- Norton Ongoing Protection automatically downloads software updates and new features as they become available during your subscription period without interrupting you or slowing down your PC.
- Monthly report tells you what Norton Internet Security has done in the previous month to keep you safe from threats.
- Power saver settings maximize your laptop’s battery life by putting off non-critical activities until your computer is plugged in
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft® Windows 7® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)
- 300MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
- 256MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Browser Support for Phishing Protection, Safe Search, and Password Management
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later (32-bit only)
- Mozilla Firefox® (32-bit only)
- Google Chrome™
Browser support for Vulnerability Protection and Phishing Protection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later (32-bit only)
- Mozilla Firefox® (32-bit only)
Support for AntiSpam
- Microsoft Outlook® 2002 or later
- Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Windows Mail (spam filtering only)
Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients