Norton Internet Security 2010 - Netbook Edition
"Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition turned in record-breaking scores in our anti-malware tests."
- PCMAG.COM, Security Suites Reviews, August 2009
Optimized for netbook computers: extremely light on system resources
Fast scans: 61 seconds for a typical Windows system hard drive, 31 seconds on a SSD
Complimentary access to secure online backup service
Protects you against viruses, worms, spyware, identity theft, phishing, spam and more
FREE support for every customer through email/chat/phone, 24/7
- Fast and light Internet threat protection for netbooks: optimized for netbooks, Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition boots and scans faster, and uses less memory than any other security suite. You get comprehensive protection that won’t slow you down or swallow up netbook resources.
- Netbook displays support: provides support for 800 x 480 screen resolution and 1024 x 576 screen handling.
- Battery power is conserved when you are on the move: Netbook Mode extends on-the-go battery life by putting off non-critical tasks until your netbook is plugged in.
- Complimentary, easy access to online services for netbook users: lets you instantly access complimentary services for netbook users including secure online backup and parental controls to protect your kids when they surf the web.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN FEATURES OF NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2010 NETBOOK EDITION?
Back to Top
- Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition, just like the "regular" edition of Norton Internet Security 2010, was engineered around the Intelligent Threat Protection concept:
- Its core technology, the Norton Protection System, uses multiple layers of security that work together to proactively block attacks and remove threats - something that traditional virus detection methods cannot achieve.
- In addition, all downloads, files and applications are checked before you can use them on your computer.
- Security holes in your operating system and browser are guarded so no infections can get to you that way.
- Your emails and Instant Messages are always scanned to detect potential threats.
- Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition also has numerous security features not found with Norton Antivirus 2010:
- A powerful 2-way firewall safeguards your computer against hackers at all times
- An industry-leading anti-phishing technology prevents you from visiting fraudulent websites.
- A new professional-strength antispam filter blocks unwanted emails.
- Norton Identify Safe fills in usernames, passwords and other form information automatically to prevent keylogger programs to steal your personal data.
- Norton Safe Web identifies unsafe websites in search results when you are looking for something in search engines.
- Parental Controls allow you to see what you kids do online and prevent them from visiting unsafe websites.
- Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition has top-notch performance:
- Fast and light on system resources, it uses Norton Insight to scan only files that are at risk. This means fewer scans and therefore better PC performance.
- Its Smart Scheduler feature initiates scans only when your PC is idleso you are never bothered while running intensive tasks.
- Silent Mode is engaged automatically when playing games or watching movies so that alerts, updates and scans are delayed until you are done.
- For laptops, Power Saver Settings delay power-hungry activities until your computer is plugged in.
- Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition protects you against today's "rapid-fire" attacks, for which "signatures" don't yet exist.
- This is done with Norton Insight Network, which uses Symantec's global security network to extract information about the very latest threats and prevent them from getting to your computer.
- Also, the SONAR 2 technology uses online intelligence and proactive monitoring to detect and block new threats.
- Finally, Norton Pulse Updates allow frequent, small updates of Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition's threat database, meaning it is as current as can be in terms of latest threat detection.
- Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition gives you gives you information about what it is doing on your computer:
- Thanks to Norton Threat Insight, you can see if threats were detected on your system, what actions they attempted to perform and how they were removed by Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition.
- Norton Download Insight warns you of dangerous downloads you are about to make.
- Norton File Insight shows you information about applications you are trying to install, whether or not they are trusted and if they will impact your computer's speed more than you'd like.
- Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition helps you keep your PC running at top speed:
- Thanks to Norton System Insight , you can see if threats were detected on your system, what actions they attempted to perform and how they were removed by Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition.
- There is a new automatic and on-demand application optimization feature which helps speeding up the applications running on your computer.
- In addition, it provides you with resource usage graphs which help you pinpoint resource-heavy processes even more accurately.
5 REASONS TO OWN NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2010 NETBOOK EDITION
Back to Top
- You are protected against all imaginable online threats, including viruses, spyware, phishing and hackers. More protection for the same price equates to less headaches to try and make different pieces of software work together.
- Get peace of mind: after an installation that typically lasts less than a minute, your PC is protected for one year against most online threats for just over $5 a month. Product updates are automatic, frequent and small in size so as to not slow down your computer during their download and installation.
- Performance is unmatched by the competition, as measured by independent third-party test lab PassMark Software: Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition is extremely light on system resources and has the fastest scans in the industry: only 61 seconds on a Hard Disk Drive and 31 seconds on a Solid State Drive.
- BONUS: you can install Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition on up to 3 netbooks!
- 24/7 technical support is always FREE and accessible directly from the user interface. You can choose between email, phone or even chat.
WHY BUY NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2010 NETBOOK EDITION OVER NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2010?
Back to Top
First, there is no version of Norton Antivirus 2010 that has been optimized for netbooks, which means running this product on a netbook would yield sluggish overall performance. Second, Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition has all the security features offered by Norton Antivirus 2010, to which it adds:
- A powerful, intelligent two-way firewall for protection against hackers and make sure your personal data doesn’t leave your computer without your consent.
- Strong identity protection features:
Blocks phishing websites and authenticates trusted sites (shopping, banking, etc.)
Protects you against keyloggers thanks to automatic login and form-filling with the Identity Safe feature
Identifies unsafe websites right in your search results so you don't go to them
- A smart anti-Spam filter blocks out unwanted, dangerous and fraudulent emails
- Its network protection features help you secure and monitor your home network and safeguard your computer when connecting to public wireless hot spots
WHAT IS NEW OVER THE 2009 VERSION?
Back to Top
How is Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition different from the 2009 version? Here is a list of the most important new features in this latest release:
Norton™ Protection System new features
- SONAR™ 2 (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) uses real-time online intelligence from the Norton Insight Network and proactive monitoring to help detect the latest breaking threats and stop today's aggressive rapid-fire attacks.
- Norton Insight Network uses Symantec’s global security intelligence network to provide real-time protection from the newest threats.
Norton™ Insight new features
- Norton Download Insight reports warn you of dangerous downloads before you install and run them.
- Norton Threat Insight reports tell you how threats have harmed your computer and where they came from so you can avoid future infections.
- Norton File Insight reports tell you where files and applications came from and if they're trusted before you use them. They also tell you how files and applications may be impacting your PC's performance.
Norton™ Performance System new features
- Automatic and on-demand application optimization boosts application performance for a faster-running PC.
- Norton™ System Insight provides a view of recent events on your computer, giving you the information you need to research and analyze problems with your PC.
- Performance graphs and reports help you pinpoint what’s causing your computer to slow down.
- Norton File Insight reports tell you how files and applications impact your PC’s performance.
- Monthly Report tells you what threats were caught in the past month and everything Norton AntiVirus did to keep your PC safe and running well. It even includes links to the latest information on Norton’s fight against cyber crime as well as tips and hints for staying safe online.
- Program updates and similar activites are automatically delayed if you are watching TV or burning CDs/DVDs
- Power Saver Settings help you extend battery life by allowing you to put off power-intensive activities until your PC is plugged-in, so you can protect laptops and notebooks without reducing computing time.
More new features
- Safe Search identifies unsafe and dangerous web sites right in your search results
- Downloads, files and applications are analyzed so you know if they can be trusted to be safe before you install and run them.
- There is now a professional-strength antispam protection that uses the same technology many large businesses rely on to effectively block unwanted, dangerous, and fraudulent emails.
If you spend a lot of time online, reading emails, downloading files, shopping and banking, you need a comprehensive security package that will protect you against a variety of threats without impacting the performance of your PC. Look no further and download Norton Internet Security 2010 Netbook Edition now!
Norton™ Protection System
Provides multiple layers of security that work together to proactively catch and stop identified threats. It provides comprehensive protection from all types of Internet threats — from warning you of dangerous web sites to searching your operating system for hidden dangers like rootkits.
- NEW! SONAR™ 2 (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) uses real-time online intelligence from the Norton Insight Network and proactive monitoring to help detect the latest breaking threats and stop today's aggressive rapid-fire attacks.
- NEW! Norton Insight Network uses Symantec’s global security intelligence network to provide real-time protection from the newest threats.
- IMPROVED! Norton Insight uses extensive online intelligence systems to protect your PC while minimizing performance impact. Plus, it provides clear, useful information about downloads, threats, and files to help you stay safe today and into the future.
- IMPROVED! Vulnerability Protection guards security holes (vulnerabilities) in your operating system, applications, browsers and browser plug-ins to prevent threats from sneaking in.
- Smart Two-Way Firewall assist you in keeping hackers from harvesting your personal information from your PC. It eliminates annoying firewall alerts by making intelligent security decisions for you.
- Email and Instant Message Monitoring automatically scans emails and IMs for threats so you can keep in touch and share files without spreading threats..
- Bot Detection finds and eliminates bots to stop hackers from taking control of your PC, accessing your private information and using your computer to host attacks on others.
- Rootkit Detection finds and removes threats that are hidden deeply in your PC’s operating system.
- Internet Worm Protection safeguards your PC against fast-spreading Internet worms with intrusion prevention technologies that prevent them from ever getting onto your PC.
- Network Mapping shows you all the devices connected to your home network so you can spot uninvited guests piggybacking onto your network and stealing bandwidth.
- Application Monitoring: Norton Insight Advisor lets you review the security status of every application process running on your PC so you can see which are safe and which are at risk.
- Smart Scheduler automatically scans for viruses only when your PC is idle so you can work, play and surf the web without interruption.
Norton Identity Safe
- NEW! Norton Identity Safe On-The-Go lets you access your most up-to-date log-ins and passwords on any Norton Internet Security 2010 protected PC by using a USB drive.
- IMPROVED! Norton Identity Safe provides one-click log-ins and automatic form filling to help prevent key loggers from stealing your information, speed up log-ins, and make shopping online even more convenient.
- Anti-phishing technology using a smart innovative technology and Symantec intelligence network protects you from visiting unsafe and fraudulent web sites used by cyber criminals to steal personal information.
- NEW! Norton Insight Network uses Symantec's global security intelligence network to provide real-time protection from the newest threats.
- NEW! Norton Download Insight reports warn you of dangerous downloads before you install and run them.
- NEW! Norton Threat Insight reports tell you how threats have harmed your computer and where they came from so you can avoid future infections.
- NEW! Norton File Insight reports tell you where files and applications came from and if they're trustedbefore you use them. They also tell you how files and applications may be impacting your PC's performance.
- Security Pulse Updates check for new virus definitions every 5 to 15 minutes.
- Norton Ongoing Update automatically downloads protection updates and new product features as they vecome available during your service period for continuous protection against the emerging threats.
- Auto-Renewal saves you time and helps keep your PC protected from the latest Internet threats by enrolling in the Norton Automatic Renewal Service, which authorises Symantec to automatically renew your subscription at the regular subscription price.
Norton™ Performance System
Provides tools and easy-to-understand system information to help keep your PC performing at optimal speed.Will minimise the performance impact when you copy or edit files, install applications or download files.
- NEW! Automatic and on-demand application optimization rejuvenates application performance.
- NEW! Norton™ System Insight provides a view of recent events on your computer, giving you the information you need to research and analyse problems with your PC.
- NEW! Performance graphs and reports help you pinpoint what’s causing your computer to slow down.
- NEW! Norton File Insight reports tell you how files and applications impact your PC’s performance.
- NEW! Monthly Report tells you what threats were caught in the past month and everything Norton AntiVirus did to keep your PC safe and running well. It even includes links to the latest information on Norton’s fight against cyber crime as well as tips and hints for staying safe online.
- NEW! Automatically delays program updates and similar activities if you are watching TV or burning CDs/DVDs
- NEW! Power Saver Settings help you extend battery life by allowing you to put off power-intensive activities until your PC is plugged-in. So you can protect laptops and notebooks without reducing computing time.
- Automatically switches to Silent Mode when your PC is in full-screen mode so you can watch movies and play games without interruption.
- NEW! Safe Search identifies unsafe and dangerous web sites right in your search results
- NEW! Analyzes downloads, files and applications and lets you know if they can be trusted to be safe before you install and run them.
- NEW! Professional-strength antispam protection uses the same technology that many large businesses rely on to effectively block unwanted, dangerous, and fraudulent emails.
- IMPROVED! Norton Safe Web adds additional protection when you search, shop, and surf the web to stop Internet threats before they can infect your PC.
- IMPROVED! Expanded and enhanced cookie detection gets rid of even the hardest to find Internet cookies.
- IMPROVED! Norton Bootable Recovery Tool helps fix infections and restore your PC to normal operation directly from the recovery CD, even if deep infections make it otherwise unbootable.
- Deep Cleaning Technology provides an extra thorough level of scanning when necessary to scrub heavily infected machines and eliminate the most persistent infections
- Parental Controls let you create individual user settings and profiles that can also be copied to additional PCs. (Parental controls are available via the downloadable Norton™ Add-on Pack.)
Get help when you need it
- IMPROVED! One-click support makes getting help even faster and easier than previous version.
- FREE 24x7 Support gives you the help you need, the way you want it — by phone, live chat or our extensive online knowledge base.
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later Home/Professional/Media Center
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate
- Microsoft® Windows 7® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz or faster processor
- 256 MB of RAM (*512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool)
- 300 MB of free hard disk space
Support for Antispam
- Microsoft Outlook® 2002 or later
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Windows Mail (spam filtering only)
Browser support for Vulnerability Protection and Phishing Protection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher (32-bit only)
- Mozilla Firefox® 3.0 and later
Email scanning support for POP3-and SMTP-compatible email clients
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 6.0 (32-bit only) and later
- Mozilla Firefox® 2.0 and later
Required for All Installations
- High-speed Internet connection
- USB compatible PC (if not installing via electronic download)
Important information for download customers: To create the Norton Recovery CD
for Norton Internet Security™ 2010 or Norton Antivirus™ 2010, you will need to
download a special recovery .ISO file and create a recovery CD using a blank CD-R disc.
Complete instructions will be provided with your purchase confirmation.