Norton AntiVirus 2012
"Norton's fast installation and comprehensive feature set would be useless without solid performance, and Norton AntiVirus delivers extremely high third-party efficacy benchmarks and strong performance benchmarks."
Installs under 1 minute and takes less than 8 MB of memory; light on CPU usage
Super-fast scan times: only 61 seconds for a typical Windows system hard drive
Includes spyware protection - no need to purchase a separate product!
Minimal performance impact during gaming, movie playback, presentations and more
FREE 24/7 support for every customer through email/chat/phone
- Norton AntiVirus 2012 was engineered around the Intelligent Threat Protection concept: its core technology, the Norton Protection System, uses multiple layers of security that work together to proactively block attacks and remove threats - something that traditional virus detection methods cannot achieve. In addition, all downloads, files and applications are checked before you can use them on your computer. Security holes in your operating system and browser are guarded so no infections can get to you that way. Your emails and Instant Messages are always scanned to detect potential threats.
- Norton AntiVirus 2012 has top-notch performance: fast and light on system resources, it uses Norton Insight to scan only files that are at risk. This means fewer scans and therefore better PC performance. Its Smart Scheduler feature initiates scans only when your PC is idle; Silent Mode is engaged automatically when playing games or watching movies so that alerts, updates and scans are delayed until you are done; for laptops, Power Saver Settings delay power-hungry activities until your computer is plugged in.
- Norton AntiVirus 2012 protects you against today's "rapid-fire" attacks, for which "signatures" don't yet exist. This is done with Norton Insight Network, which uses Symantec's global security network to extract information about the very latest threats and prevent them from getting to your computer. Also, the SONAR 4 technology uses online intelligence and proactive monitoring to detect and block new threats. Finally, Norton Pulse Updates allow frequent, small updates of Norton AntiVirus 2012's threat database, meaning it is as current as can be in terms of latest threat detection.
- Norton AntiVirus 2012 gives you information on threats that it has detected and removed so you know exactly what is going on with your computer, thanks to Norton Threat Insight. Also, Norton Download Insight warns you of dangerous downloads you are about to make and Norton File Insight shows you information about applications you are trying to install, whether or not they are trusted and if they will impact your computer's speed more than you'd like.
- Norton AntiVirus 2012 helps you keep your PC running at top speed with automatic and on-demand application optimization. Its Norton System Insight feature gives you a log of recent events such as downloads, installations, scans and detected threats so you can get a better understanding of what is slowing down your PC. It also provides you with resource usage graphs which help you pinpoint resource-heavy processes.
5 REASONS TO OWN NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2012
Back to Top
So why buy Norton AntiVirus 2012? Here are 5 key advantages of this award-winning product
over other antivirus programs available on the market:
- You are protected against viruses but also spyware, which means you don't need to buy a separate antispyware program. That equates to more protection for the same price and less headaches to try and make different pieces of software work together.
- Get peace of mind: after an installation that typically lasts less than a minute, your PC is protected for one year against most online threats for just over $3 a month.
- Performance is unmatched by the competition, as measured by independent third-party test lab PassMark Software: Norton AntiVirus 2012 is extremely light on system resources, using around 8 MB of working memory. It also has the fastest scans in the industry: only 61 seconds on a Hard Disk Drive and 31 seconds on a Solid State Drive.
- Worry-free, automated protection: thinking about trying one of these free antivirus programs? Think again, unless you are willing to update the software yourself every day to keep it current, unnecessarily slowing down your computer - when you actually don't forget to do it. On the other hand, Norton AntiVirus 2012's performance impact is minimal; product updates are automatic, frequent and small in size so their download and installation are quick and unobtrusive.
- 24/7 technical support is always FREE and accessible directly from the user interface. You can choose between email, phone or even chat.
WHAT CAN NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2012 DO FOR ME?
Back to Top
Need more details? Norton AntiVirus 2012 protects you not only against the most common online threats such as viruses, Trojan horses, worms and spyware, but also malicious software you probably have never heard of: rootkits, bots, browser exploits and the like. Its strength is really built upon two key technologies from Symantec:
1. The Norton™ Protection System provides multiple layers of protection that work together so they neutralize threats before they even reach you:
- SONAR 4 (Symantec™ Online Network for Advanced Response), Symantec's malware detection technology based on application behavior;
- IPS (Enhanced Intrusion Protection System): a dedicated protection engine for multimedia attacks;
- Browser exploits protection for Internet Explorer and Firefox: vulnerabilities in browsers can't be used to install spyware or cause crashes, for instance;
- Antibot protection: so hackers can't take control of your PC;
- Norton™ Recovery Tool can repair systems that have been deeply infected and help rebooting them.
Guarantee your protection against online threats at all times with state-of-the art security software by Symantec: download Norton AntiVirus 2012 now!
2. Virus detection via signatures: this is the "traditional" method of detecting threats on your computer and works well for the ones that have already been identified in terms of software code patterns. Norton AntiVirus 2012 compares a particular's application code to known malicious software and if there's a match, the application is promptly removed. This method of detecting threats complements the Norton Protection System, which focuses more on "rapid-fire" attacks, for which signatures have not been defined yet.
Thanks to these two technologies, Norton AntiVirus 2012 is able to prevent threats from reaching your computer and remove any existing threats already present. The protection offered is fully automatic, from threat detection and removal to product updates. And last but not least, Norton AntiVirus 2012 protects your computer at all times in an unobtrusive manner; because of its small footprint, it uses very little of your system's resources. And it is also smart as to how it runs scans and other power-intensive tasks, so you are never bothered while working on a presentation, watching movies or playing games.
Protects your PC against the latest known viruses, spyware, and other threats
- Norton Reputation Service instantly checks where files came from and how long they’ve been around to identify and stop new crimeware faster than other, less sophisticated security software.
- Norton Protection System uses several overlapping layers of protection that work together to stop viruses, spyware and other online attacks.
- Norton Pulse Updates provides up-to-the-minute updates that protect against the latest threats without slowing down your computer.
- SONAR 4 Behavioral Protection monitors your PC for suspicious behavior to quickly detect new online threats.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets you back up and running even if your PC has become so infected that it won’t start up.
- Bot detection blocks the automated programs cybercriminals use to take control of your PC, access your private information, and use your computer to send out spam and launch attacks on other PCs.
- Worm protection safeguards your PC against fast-spreading Internet worms and prevents you from accidentally passing them on to others.
- Rootkit detection finds and removes deeply buried crimeware that can hide other types of threats and allow cybercriminals to take control of your PC.
Stay protected without sacrificing performance
- Proactive performance alerts tell you when an application is slowing down your PC, so you can make changes to improve performance.
- Norton Insight identifies and scans only files at risk for fewer, shorter scans and the fastest scan speeds in the industry.
- Norton System Insight shows you how files and applications affect your PC’s performance to help you keep your PC performing at its best.
- Silent mode puts alerts and noncritical updates on hold when you’re watching movies or playing games in full-screen on your PC.
- Smart scheduler runs scans and updates only when you’re not using your PC.
Email, chat and share files without worry
- Norton Download Insight warns you if a downloaded file or application is dangerous before you install or run it on your PC.
- Norton File Insight gives you detailed information about the files found on your PC, including where the file came from (the website URL) and if it can be trusted.
- Email and instant message monitoring scans email and IMs for suspicious link and other potentially dangerous attachments.
- Vulnerability protection stops cybercriminals from using security holes (vulnerabilities) in applications to sneak viruses or spyware on to your PC.
Get the most out of your protection with easy-to-use features
- FREE 24 x 7 support for one year after initial product installation: get help and answers by phone, email, live chat or online whenever you need it.
- Norton Control Center organizes program controls and settings, and gives you one-click access to web-based Norton services on one easy-to-read screen.
- Norton Ongoing Protection automatically downloads software updates and new features in the background as they become available during your subscription period, without interrupting you or slowing down your PC.
- Monthly report tells you what Norton AntiVirus has done in the previous month to keep you safe from threats.
- Power saver settings maximize your laptop’s battery life by putting off noncritical activities until your computer is plugged in.
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft® Windows 7® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- 300MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1GHZ for Microsoft Windows Vista/Windows 7
- 256MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic Download)
Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients