Norton 360 Version 5.0 (Free 30-Day Trial)
"Norton 360 is an excellent mega-suite with less impact on system performance than its wealth of features might suggest. For just a bit more than Norton Internet Security you get the same security features plus PC tuneup and a powerful online and local backup system."
Protects you against viruses, spyware, hackers, phishing, botnets and more
Protects your identity when you shop and bank online
Helps make your PC start and run faster
Backs up your files automatically so you never lose important data
Free technical support, 24/7
Wouldn’t it be great to have total computer security with one product? Wouldn’t it be reassuring that you are always protected from online threats and that your data is backed up automatically, all that while your PC performs at its best? With all the software out there, it can be confusing trying to figure out what you really need. And once you are past that step, making your programs work together seamlessly is yet another story.
Click on the links below to jump to the content you are interested in:
→ What is Norton 360 Version 5.0?
→ What can Norton 360 Version 5.0 do for me?
WHAT IS NORTON 360 VERSION 5.0?
Back to Top
Introducing the latest in PC protection: Norton 360 Version 5.0
! This comprehensive software suite eliminates the need for any additional security, performance optimization and data backup & restore products
. Truly a breakthrough in PC protection, Norton 360 Version 5.0 provides a hassle-free user experience
Think of Norton 360 Version 5.0 as being the ‘mother’ of all Symantec products: it includes the strengths of Norton Internet Security 2011
for online threat protection
and powerful features similar as those of Norton Online Backup for backing up your data securely
as well as Norton Utilities
in order to continuously fine-tune your PC for best performance
. These features can be accessed through an easy-to-use, streamlined user interface
, another strong point that differentiates Norton 360 Version 5.0 from the competition.
WHAT CAN NORTON 360 VERSION 5.0 DO FOR ME?
Back to Top
As mentioned above, Norton 360 Version 5.0 has 3 core functions: online threat protection, PC performance optimization and data backup & restore features. Below is a breakdown of these functions:
ONLINE THREAT PROTECTION
First things first, Norton 360 Version 5.0 offers state-of-the-art PC protection from all types of online threats:
- Norton 360 Version 5.0 has all the security features of
Norton Internet Security 2011. That means unintrusive, around the clock protection against viruses, spyware, worms, Trojan horses, rootkits, botnets and the latest cyber-threats.
- Its powerful, intelligent two-way firewall protects you against hackers and ensures your personal data doesn’t leave your computer without your consent.
- Its strong anti-phishing feature analyzes web page structure to understand whether or not an attempt is made to steal confidential information as you input it into forms. Shop and bank online without worry, among other things.
- An enterprise-grade Spam filter keeps unwanted emails out of your Inbox.
- Norton™ Identity Safe is another data safeguard that stores your sensitive, personal information such as passwords and credit card numbers in a secure vault and automatically retrieves it when needed by a legitimate website. This means you are protected against keylogger programs because you don't need to type-in your login information where it is required on websites.
- Its Network Monitoring feature prevents intruders from stealing your network bandwidth and accessing your files. Also, you get alerted if you attempt to connect to an unsecured wireless network.
- Its Parental Control is entirely web-based, which means you can manage it from anywhere. You get Internet content filtering, control over time spent surfing online and even Instant Messaging monitoring.
PC PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION
But where other products stop, Norton 360 Version 5.0 keeps on going: it offers more than just online security, keeping your PC in top shape thanks to its PC Tuneup feature, which does the following things, quietly in the background:
- Automatically finds and fixes common problems that make your computer run slower.
- Gets rid of unnecessary Internet clutter stored by Internet Explorer and temporary files from applications you run.
- Removes stale and erroneous Windows registry entries.
- Defragments your hard drive(s) for faster data writing and access.
- Generates diagnostic reports showing problems with your system and resource-hungry processes, so you can better tweak your PC's performance .
- With Startup Manager, you can manage what programs launch when you start your computer to make that process faster.
AUTOMATIC DATA BACKUP AND RESTORE
Finally, have you ever worried that one day, you could lose all the data stored on your computer? Again, Norton 360 Version 5.0 brings you peace of mind with its solid data backup and restore features.
- Your precious files such as photos, music, contacts and financial documents can be backed up automatically to CDs, DVDs or external drives. You even have the option to backup to high-capacity Blu-Ray discs and/or your own online storage space (its default size is 2 GB but you have the option to purchase more; you get 25GB with Norton 360 Version 5.0 Premier Edition).
- Whether you are adding new files or editing existing ones, Norton 360 Version 5.0 will detect what has changed and make the necessary backups without any intervention on your part. Moreover, your files are backed up automatically when your PC is idle so you are not disturbed while working, surfing the web or playing games.
- If you use the online backup capability, you can download your backed up files from your Norton Online account. That means you have access to these files wherever you have high-speed Internet access.
- You can also share backed up files easily and efficiently by sending links to them via email. This feature is particularly convenient to share files that are too big to be emailed. You can password-protect these links and make them expire at a particular date for added security.
Start benefiting from all the automated features of Norton 360 Version 5.0: protect your PC at all times, continually improve its performance and easily back up your most valuable digital data. Try Norton 360 Version 5.0 for free today!
ONLINE THREAT PROTECTION
- Stay protected against viruses, worms, Trojan horses, rootkits, spyware, phishing, botnets and more. Email and IM scanning are supported.
- A Two-way firewall prevents hacker attacks and keep sensitive data in.
- A new enterprise-grade Spam filter keeps unwanted emails out.
- Your identity is protected via website authentication and password management thanks to the Norton™ Identity Safe feature.
- Get Protection against drive-by downloads that use browser weaknesses to install malware on your machine.
- Norton Safe Web™ allows you to shop online with peace of mind, identifying dangerous websites and suspicious sellers. Search engines results are even marked as safe or not depending on the legitimacy of the websites they link to.
- Norton™ Pulse Updates retrieves and downloads in the background the latest virus signatures; you are continually protected without sacrificing the performance of your PC.
- Norton™ Insight contributes in a large part to the quicker scan times of Norton 360 Version 5.0 compared to the previous version.
- Network monitoring keeps intruders out and alerts you when connecting to a unsecured wireless network.
- The Parental Control feature is now online-based; easily control what content your kids can view online and the time they spend doing so.
PC PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION
- All performance optimization tasks are performed in the background so you are never bothered while working, playing or surfing the web.
- These tasks ensure your computer always operate at peak performance so you can use its full potential.
- Internet clutter and application temporary files are automatically cleaned up.
- Windows performance is improved by removing unneeded registry entries, among other things.
- Hard drive defragmentation is started as necessary to optimize data storage and speed up read/write operations.
AUTOMATIC DATA BACKUP AND RESTORE
- Precious files such as photos, music, financial documents and more are protected thanks to automated backups you can schedule.
- A variety of media are supported for backups: CD, DVD, external drives but also Blu-ray discs if you need more capacity.
- You can also back up your data to your own 2 GB of secured online storage (you can purchase additional storage). Download your files from your Norton Online account using any computer with Internet access. Easily Share your files by sending secure links to them via email.
- You can easily access technical support directly from Norton 360 Version 4.0's user interface.
- Choose between the following available options, 24/7: chat, email and phone.
Supported Operating Systems
Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/ Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
Microsoft® Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business /Ultimate
Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later Home/Professional/Media Center
300 MHz or faster processor
256 MB of RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
300 MB of available hard disk space
Must meet minimum operating system requirements for Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/Win7
Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher, or Mozilla Firefox® 3.0 or higher
Phishing protection feature available only on 32-bit Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher or Firefox 3.0 or higher
Internet connection (a high-speed connection is required for online backup)